Friday, November 28, 2008

Personality

I love that word: Personality. I like the way DJs on the radio take on that word to describe their work. 'I'm a radio personality' or 'I'm a TV personality'. I've noticed some of them call themselves Attitudes now. What a great way to describe yourself! It's as if when they turn on their mic, their alter-ego emerges. BeyoncĂ© has just released a new CD called "I am... Sasha Fierce" which is in honour of her alter-ego.

I think I have my own alter-ego. The one that comes out when I write a post about the Keeper Cup or just get silly. One of my good friends calls it "radio Gina". I think of it as the fun part of me. I only just realized a few days ago that I had lost touch with it since having the baby 7 months ago. 

I was joining my stroller fit group late one morning and kind of ran into them to catch up. I joked that I was going to play bumper strollers! and finally realized that playfulness in me had been missing. I think with the baby, I became very serious. All this time I've been feeling like it was fatigue that was causing me to be boring but now I believe that it also had to do with suppressing the 'fun' to take care of the baby. It feels really good to get it back in some way. 

2 comments:

  1. Lack of sleep + not often enough sex = no fun lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. None of the baby books warn you about this one. I don't think there is any way to have and raise babies without giving up a chunk of your former self. I'm trying to get myself mentally geared up to go back to work (sigh). Can I reconnect with that person I used to be.... the one that was capable of thinking about & discuss things other than my kids for 8+ hours per day? Time will tell.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete