Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Beautiful Moment

I want to write this down so I don't forget. I just shared the most beautiful moment with my daughter. I was trying to stretch her evening out because I'm getting a little sick of waking up at 6am and I want her to go to bed later but I'm failing miserably. I was trying to find engaging games to play to distract her at all costs. 

One of her favourite games is face tickling so I laid her in my lap facing me and bent over her to shake my hair in her face. She closed her eyes, like she always does, opened one hand to feel my hair and held her other hand in a loose fist. What she did next she's never done before, with a huge gummy grin she started gurgling. It was so sign-songy and adorable, it sounded like pure pleasure.

I just kept shaking my hair and she kept making her beautiful sounds. I'm sure describing it doesn't do it justice but now I'll remember. I hope all the moms out there enjoy, and remember moments like this with their kids. 

1 comment:

  1. awww, that's so sweet gina! i've had those moments and they are pure joy, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete