Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Best Family Dog

No, I'm not in the market for a dog. And no, I'm not a huge fan of dogs. But today I saw a beautiful Great Dane in the park. The dog was so stunning that I stopped the owner to ask a few questions about him. 

She said a Great Dane is exactly like a man - they just like to lie around. Of course you have a to run/walk a dane once or twice a day since they were bred to chase but you don't need to worry about living on a large estate to keep these hounds happy. Great Danes are known for their gentle personalities but a lot end up at animal rescue, just like the one I saw today. 

I think they are gorgeous and, if I was a dog person, this one would be up there on my list. 

What's your favourite family dog?

3 comments:

  1. Westies - all the way!!!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite dogs are my two labs Ben and Hogan.

    But that is not why I'm writing....Tag your it!

    I got tagged a month ago by my friend in Ireland and am just now getting around to continuing the cycle. I guess you can say I've been busy. ;-) Anyway, enjoy yourself.

    Your work buddy,
    Shannon - http://shanigirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love border collies - not too big, not too small, not hyper, not lazy, extremely intelligent, great guard dogs but not vicious. We had a pair when I was younger. They seem to be the best combination of traits.

    If I ever own a dog myself I'll be looking for a dog like that.

    I wonder what kind of dog is most like a woman? :P Do Dane's hog the remote control, too?

    ReplyDelete