Sunday, November 16, 2008

Brunch

When you hear the word brunch what do you think of? home fries, eggs, coffee, friends, Sunday mornings? Those are some of the things I think of. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day, always has been. If I could, I would eat eggs, toast, hashbrowns and pancakes or waffles every morning- oh and sausage too. Someone says 'brunch' and I say 'when and where?'. For me it's more than the food though. A big breakfast usually means it's a casual day and it always means a group - family or friends. 

Today, for the first time, I ordered Heuvos Rancheros at Dr. Generosity in BWV. I've always been a little curious about heuvos rancheros but always felt weird about ordering it because it seems so weird to have tortillas and chili for breakfast. It was literally one of THE best brunch items I've ever had.

What do you like to eat for brunch? Have a favourite brunch place?

2 comments:

  1. My fav is hot oatmeal mixed with strawberry yoghurt with chopped bananas.. or this: http://junction-parents.blogspot.com/2008/07/my-fav-breakfast.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean - that's the same reason I've never tried it. But next time I'm at Dr. G.'s, for sure.

    I love love love brunch - but the first time I go to any new place I always get "the standard" to see what the place is like (eggs sunny side up, bacon, home fries, white toast). You can tell a lot about a place by how they handle the simple stuff. I do the same thing with pubs, quite often; only with fish and chips.

    But when I want to try something other than the standard, I tend to get eggs benny with smoked salmon - which seems to have a different name depending on where you go; why no standard name?

    As for fav place, there's a relatively new place at Yonge&Eg called Boom which is ok - at least until my dear old Rose & Crown re-opens! (pubs seem to do brunch quite well)

    No weekend is complete without at least one brunch! Yum....

    ReplyDelete