Friday, November 21, 2008

Oven Cleaning

I grew up in a small town where all my friends lived in bungalows. As we got older, and bigger, our parents upgraded their homes. Some bought bigger, some bought new, and some renovated their bungalows. Those who bought new houses got self-cleaning ovens. I didn't have a clue what that meant but I knew they liked it.  

As a former apartment dweller, and messy cook, I've seen (and cleaned) some yucky ovens. My mom taught me the easiest way to clean an oven. You can bring any disgusting oven back to normal with Easy-Off. Spray it on, leave it overnight, do a first swipe with paper towels, and then rinse really well using a sponge and a bucket of water. 

Each time I cleaned one of these stinkers (including my own today), it made me remember those self-cleaning ovens. It's funny how we make assumptions when we're thinking of the future. I always thought I would have a self-cleaning oven when I owned my own house, that I would never have to clean an oven once I was thru with apartments. Then the house I bought had a regular oven. Maybe in our next house. 

1 comment:

  1. Try baby wipes, those suckers will take off anything! it's all abaut adding moisturiser :)

    ReplyDelete