Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Newman Clinic

After the Newman Clinic coverage last week and again this week, I went to check out their website. It's got great reference materials covering a broad range of breastfeeding topics including: clogged ducts, finding support, skin to skin contact and starting solids. There are also video tutorials. Click here to check it out. 

What caught my eye today was 'Finding a Breastfeeding Support Person'. While I think this is the best resource I've seen, I think someone looking for help would still be frustrated. It's like finding a contractor to renovate your house. The key is not finding help, it's finding good help. 

When my milk came in I became so engorged that Petra couldn't latch. I was in emergency mode without any time to research and find a Lactation Consultant. I got lucky and was referred to a fantastic LC. Send me a note if you need a referral, she's in Etobicoke. 

No comments:

Post a Comment