Thursday, October 30, 2008

Midnight Mommy Brain

It's amazing that in the middle of the night, you really can't think clearly. 

Usually when Petra wakes in the night I hobble into her room, grab her from her crib, and feed her. Last night she woke up early and when I tried to feed her she was screaming her head off and it was really hard to settle her. She woke again around 2 or 3 am, and again, it was hard to soothe her and she didn't eat. She displayed the same terrible behaviour roughly 3 nights in a row and really fussed when I put her down for a nap a few days ago but last night was by far the worst. I was starting to think she had developed a horrible sleep disorder.

Then, this morning, I mentioned to a friend that Petra hasn't pooped for 3 days and she said, "oh teething". Seriously? How dumb was I the last few nights? I know she's teething because it's been going on for about 2 months but I was distracted by her shots/bad sleeping since we travelled/constipation problems. It's amazing how clearly someone else can see things. Now I need to settle our pain relief problem. 

2 comments:

  1. yay! baby has had 2 ridiculously stinky, messy poos and she seems to be feeling a LOT better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay Petra!

    Don't call yourself dumb please, you're not! Babies are little extraterrestrials with bizarre symptoms, sometimes teething is like a flu, the whole body is suffering..
    The symptoms of teething that I know of so far:

    runny nose, rash under nose, bad diaper rash, no sleeping, too much sleeping, fever, red cheeks without fever, constipation, diarrhea, throwing up while crying... etc

    ReplyDelete