Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nail Polish

Granted it's off-colour to follow such a serious post with an utterly frivolous one but I'm doing it anyway. 

There are two nail polish colours that I use regularly at home, both are by Revlon. One is Vixen - a rich, dark, burgundy hue that makes me feel chic and hip when I wear it. The other is Sheer Blush which looks like a french manicure if you don't glop it on; it's simple and elegant and suits any occasion - including job interviews. I like Revlon brand because its consistency stays consistent over time, it's affordable, and it's relatively durable. 

Most salons offer OPI brand nail colour when you get a manicure. I like the wide colour selection of OPI, Bubble Bath is my pick, but if you don't use it up quickly at home, they turn either lumpy or runny and neither is a desirable characteristic in nail polish. 

What's your favourite varnish and why?

2 comments:

  1. Revlon too... glimmer gloss "pina colada pop" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a Revlon girl too... also Estee. But when I was preggers with Ben I started using and loving Zoya. They're supposedly formaldehyde (sp?) free and it's durable.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete