Saturday, January 3, 2009

Beauty

When Petra was first born, I felt like I didn't have time to floss my teeth let alone slap some mascara on. I can clearly remember the first post-baby time that I put mascara on, someone was coming over to meet her and I felt victorious. Since then I really haven't used it, I usually use moisturizer and that's all. Unless we're going to a wedding, I just don't bother.

Now that Petra is older and more settled, I can definitely take time to look pretty - I just don't. My massage therapist said you should use makeup everyday because it shows that you're taking care of yourself. I don't know if I believe that.

I'm a big fan of natural beauty but mine is not what it used to be. Dr. Oz's work in this field is interesting. He believes that if you are literally taking care of yourself - by eating nutritiously, sleeping properly, and protecting yourself from the sun, you will look beautiful. Maybe if I could patch together a couple full nights sleep, my skin would look fantastic, or at least the dark circles would fade. He also says I can expect my first wrinkle for my 30th birthday. Awesome.

2 comments:

  1. I must be crazy, I put on my first post-baby mascara/lipstick 4 hours after my emergency c-section :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember once seeing a picture on a magazine of a celebrity without makeup on and I remember thinking, "Who is that beautiful women?" It was Pamela Anderson.

    I always think you look great -- even without mascara!!

    ReplyDelete