Saturday, December 13, 2008

I'll Never Tell

Last night we, my stroller moms and I, had our first Ladies Night. I feel old just saying 'Ladies Night', I'd rather call it Hot Mommas Night but that's not right either. I'm open to suggestions if any of you have one. Calling it ladies night makes me feel like a cliche, a bunch of moms all dressed up and acting wild since they are free from their children. That's not quite what it was like but it felt really good to be out without the baby.

It's great to get out with your regular friends too but you realize pretty quickly that all you have to talk about is the baby. I don't know about current music anymore, I haven't seen any movies and I haven't been to any great restaurants either. I can't even complain about work. 

At the beginning of the night, we were all baby talk but slowly we started to talk about other stuff too. It's nice that we're all getting to know each other better because it's a small community and our kids will grow up together. 

Oh, and what happens at ladies night, stays at ladies night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment