Friday, September 5, 2008

Things to do in BWV on Mat Leave

I've been looking for moms in my area for a while (although not very hard). I'm lucky to have 2 great girlfriends who are off at the same time and we manage to fill our time successfully. I still wanted to reach out to other moms in my area mainly so that my morning walks are less lonely but also to network. 

I find that the "groups" in my area are rather scattered. Some of the moms are part of a High Park "Meetup", others are in a facebook group called "Junction Parents", and I was unable to find anything specific for Bloor West Village. The High Park Meetup group was about to expire and the site actually charges a fee for use so I decided to start a Yahoo group. I've invited the moms from the Meetup and the Junction Parents. Hopefully it amounts to something... 6 members and counting.

Here's the link if you're interested in joining: http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/torontowestparents/

No comments:

Post a Comment