Monday, September 29, 2008

Are these dark circles permanent?

While it's amazing what your body can get used to, your body can never adjust to continuous sleep deprivation, and I'm starting to feel the effects. 

For the last 3 weeks, my 5 month-old has been waking up 3 or more times at night. Some nights she wakes up so much that I'm not sure whether she needs to eat or not because I'm so confused. She also spends an hour each night just babbling. It's crazy. I would have guessed that it's teething because I can see a little bud but she's not cranky when she wakes up.  

I find that I'm more confused during the day too, I lack energy, and I'm not fun to be around because I'm so tired. I know it'll get better and I just need to wait it out but does anyone have some coping advice? Did I mention she's not napping either? She's taking what can only be described as power naps. 

2 comments:

  1. one word: vodka!!!! lol
    just kidding :)

    If you live close-by ( I'm on Quebec ave) I can pick her up any Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday morning for a couple of hours, I have a double stroller and regularly walk in High Park... this way you can have a nap and a shower and your baby can socialize with my 8 month-old and get some fresh air :) Seriously, I hope you consider it, we can do an exchange a few times a month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. irina, you're so sweet. i'm going to send you an email here: junctionparents@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete