Thursday, September 18, 2008

Moms Groups

Are moms groups really for moms or for babies? 

Today I joined my friend's moms group for tea in the afternoon. They are a really nice group of women - laid back, conversationalists, open minded, just fun to be around and I really enjoy spending time with them. I don't get together with them too frequently either so they stay novel. 

When I got home I was thinking about how I always have such a good time but wondering if it's worth it for Petra. She was exhausted, I delayed her nap by over an hour, she was grumpy at the get together and had a really hard time falling asleep after. It was only later, during our pre-nighttime walk, that I realized how great moms group is for her too. 

I packed her up into the stroller, which was fully reclined, she tried to do a sit-up and failed and then got frustrated. The cool part? When she got mad she said "dadadaaaa". First time ever. Then we were waiting in line at the Rogers store to exchange my dud of a digital box for literally 45 minutes and she did it again! So I said, "mamama!". She replied with "nananaaa". Haha!

She tends to be a lot more social and 'chatty' after spending time with babies even if she only observes them. So tomorrow we'll have a mommy meetup in High Park for $2.99 breakfast. I'll enjoy the toast and Petra, the conversation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment