Monday, April 13, 2009

Baby's Turning 1!

Petra is turning one soon!

I'm not going to say, "I can't believe it's been a year already", or "wow, she's so big now", or any of that but I will say this: I can't believe what a difference a year makes.

I read the books, I had a baby sister, I had been a babysitter, I had friends who had babies and I thought I was ready but I wasn't even close to ready but
I'm so glad for the experience.

I'm so glad to have such a sweet baby but man - what a year. And to all my friends and relatives who are nodding their heads and saying, "I told you so"... I doubt that you had any idea when it hit you either. Oh and ps. I'm already that person, nodding politely when a pregnant woman tells me she's ready for the baby and I'm thinking - girl you don't have a clue.

If they say that a baby is your prize for labour and delivery, then a one-year old is definitely your prize for a confusing/frustrating/exhausting/humbling year.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, you have a sweet baby.
    Happy birthday to you three!!
    What a year - You've done a great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that last line of this post. Very true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's finally here! Congratulations, your baby is about to turn one! It may seem that your baby has always been in your life. Maybe it seems it was just yesterday they were born. Whatever the case, the first birthday is a special milestone, both for your baby and you. Take the opportunity to enjoy it.



    SEOServices

    ReplyDelete